From Passion to Action: A Virtual Workshop with Supervisor Dalia Palchik and School Board Member Elaine Tholen
Join us for a virtual workshop on how to convert your passion for causes that impact your daily life into meaningful actions that impact policy in a productive way. This is the first in a series of workshops and will be focused on taking action locally in Fairfax County.
Panelists Dalia Palchik and Elaine Tholen will provide a brief overview of how the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and School Board work, including how policy is formed, discussed, agreed upon, and enacted. They'll answer the following questions:
- What responsibilities does each board have, and how do they work together?
- At what points in the governing process can Fairfax County residents provide input? What is the best way for constituents to get in touch with you?
- What resources should we be using to find out what our elected officials are working on?
- How does a school board set budget spending priorities? How can constituents engage in the process?
- What is the process for creating and adopting school district policies? How can parents best advocate for policies?
They'll also give inspirational examples of how Fairfax County residents have been able to make meaningful impact on policy.
The program is short but will include ample time for Q&A, so come ready to ask questions!
RSVP is required to receive the Zoom link.
Hosted by Mothers Out Front Fairfax, Earth Rise Indivisible, Faith Alliance for Climate Solutions, Food & Water Watch - Virginia, Climate Reality Project - Northern VA Chapter.
August 03, 2020 at 7:30pm - 8:30pm
Tiziana Bottino ·