We want clean electric school buses for our children!
Diesel School Buses are harmful for our children!
24 million school children travel on 454,000 school buses nationwide. About 90 percent of these buses run on diesel fuel annually emitting:
- 3,000 tons of cancer-causing soot
- 95,000 tons of smog-causing compounds
Children riding on diesel school buses are exposed to 5 to 15 times more air toxins than the rest of the population.
Childhood exposure from diesel soot from school buses has also been associated with:
- reduced lung function
- increased incidences of pneumonia
The Natural Resources Defense Council has estimated that school bus diesel exposures to children pose as much as 23 to 46 times the cancer risk considered significant under federal law.
It's time to switch to Electric School Buses!
- Cleaner air: Electrifying buses can reduce carbon emissions by as much as 40% because they have no exhaust
- Safer: better handling, responsiveness, and ride comfort and less likely to roll over due to lower center of gravity.
- Low maintenance costs (up to 70% less than diesel!). Diesel buses break down more frequently and are more costly to repair.
- Longer lifespan (12-16 years) than diesel
- Predictable charging fees cut fuel costs by approximately 80%
- As clean as the source of electricity used to charge them
We want our School District to transition to Electric School Buses!
Please support the transition from DIRTY, DIESEL School Buses to CLEAN, QUIET Electric School Buses.
I want my children and all children to have safe and healthy a ride to school, and a livable climate for their future so they can put that education to use!
I ask that you ensure our School District begins transitioning the school bus fleet to clean Electric School Buses in 2019.
Like this to spread the word